Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ready... Set... Coupon!!!

Good Day Bloggers!

So you have you finally made the decision to dive into couponing! You have your coupons, you nice new binder, and you are feeling pretty confident about making your first couponing trip. But WAIT! Which store are you going to go to? What are you going to buy? Which coupons are you going to use?

When I first started couponing, I loved going to Walgreens and Target. I knew I could always find great sales on toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, body wash, and shampoo. Also as a newbie, I felt much more confident about couponing for toiletries. It took me about 4 months before I was ready to tackle couponing for food.

One feature I took advantage of from Walgreens was signing up for emails of their weekly ad. They typically send out a sneek peak on Thursday for the coming Sunday. This gave me essentially, three days to plan my trip and come up with a strategy. Because my husband is in the military, I knew I would always shop on Tuesday because the Walgreens in Virginia Beach offers an additional 15% off for military (check your local store for military or other discounts that you can take advantage of).

Here are a few tips to use when making your first trip:

1. Start with one store that you like shopping at. I recommend Walgreens, CVS, or Target to start out with.

2. Make a list of what you plan to purchase and pair the matching coupons. Make sure you look for manufacturer coupons as well as store coupons.

3. Go at a time that the store is not that busy. This will help you concentrate and not feel rushed.

4. Make sure to take your entire coupon binder in case you find an unadvertised sale or you need additional coupons.

5. Take the store flyer with you as you shop. Refer to it often.

6. Have an idea of what your total should be, BEFORE you get to the register. This will help to avoid confusion and frustration.

7. Don't forget to give the cashier the coupons. I like to hand the coupons one by one sometime to ensure they all scan.

8. If you are not comfortable with the total, do not be afraid to put something back or even return it. It is your money and you can spend it how you please. **Keep in mind that if you make a return, most stores will not give the coupon back**

9. Stay Calm. They are just coupons!

Have a great day Bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 List of Cyber Monday Deals

Hey Savvy Savings Finders!! I hope everyone is excited for CYBER MONDAY! I have put together a new list of current sales and deals from Be...